Post-COVID Stress Disorder Masterclass (2768) - London October 2021
This is a live masterclass delivered in-person.
The pandemic has triggered an array of emotional, physical, mental, neurological and economic issues. COVID-19 has caused diverse mental health problems, including anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other trauma and stress related disorders. Different groups have met the qualifying criteria for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) according to DSM-5 as a result of the pandemic:
- Patients who have suffered from serious COVID-19 illness and potential death
- Individuals who as family members and health care workers have witnessed others’ suffering and death
- Individuals who have learned about the death or risk of death of a family member or friend due to the virus
- Individuals who have experienced extreme exposure to aversive details (eg, journalists, first responders, medical examiners, and medical staff)
This course will give you an understanding of Covid-related mental and physical trauma & Post-COVID Stress Disorder, providing you with strategies that will help your clients to recover.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Mental, physiological and neurological effects of Long Covid
- ICU-related trauma
- Stimulating the immune system
- The use of imagination and visualisation
- Installing resources using bilateral stimulation in hypnosis
- Protocols and scripts will be given