Lecturer: Dr. Alan Curley, Phd
Dr. Alan Curley has worked with the Celtic and Scotland Football teams, as well as British champion boxers, world champion kickboxers, professional marathon runners, professional and amateur Scottish golf champions.
Working with conscious and unconscious mindsets to help improve sporting performance has become popular over the last 10 years. In the UK the work of Steve Peters with the British cycling team and the subsequent popularity of his book ‘The Chimp Paradox’, resonated with many amateur and professional sportsman. Therefore, being able to help clients with improving their focus and concentration time, increasing their determination and motivation levels, visualising and anchoring their goals, as well as managing their inner physiological state during external pressures is becoming more sought after in the therapy setting.
This CPD event will explore ways of effectively working with amateur and professional clients to help them improve their personal best sporting performance.
Concepts covered are:
- Improving positive and negative motivation levels
- How to increase focus and concentration time
- Balancing time and energy use
- SWEATY goal-setting
- Sporting belief systems
- Guided sporting visualisations with physical anchoring techniques
- Managing your inner sportsperson’s state
- Fast hypnotic techniques for successfully influencing professional sports clients.
- Using modern digital technology for taking sports clients into guided trance state
- Useful physiological techniques incorporated into sports hypnosis session
- Recording sessions for the sportsperson to use whilst training